Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Christmas Present for Mr. Prof. V

Today, Christmas Eve, a Saturday, was a gorgeous day here. It was almost 70 degrees and sunny. We decided to go to the house, so we could show some friends (Math Prof and his son) the progress. They haven't seen it in person since the day of the fire.

Low and behold, the siding guy was there working at 3pm on Saturday afternoon- and it is Christmas Eve. Not only was he working, but he got the backside done except one small spot.

The man who has been doing the siding seemingly by himself is a small, older man. He gives definition to the term wiry. I am not sure his ethnicity, not that it matters. Well, actually it matters, because I am not sure he totally understood our thanks today. We hung around playing soccer until he was done. I tried to tell him how much it meant to us for him to be there today, but I don't think he really understood- which is sad because his gift to us was one that was beyond our greatest expectations.

I don't know his name. (I will find out.) However, I hope he has the most wonderful Christmas because he made ours that much better. The first picture below is the two sides of the house which are completely done. Given his progress, I suspect he has 2-3 more days of work for it to be completely done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home