Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Granite Counter Tops

Yesterday, I finally made it to see the potential slabs of granite for the counter tops. After two delays last week for weather and traffic, it was nice to finally get this taken care of. Going down to Va, I was still sure that the Shrivakashi Gold was the material we were going to use. I love this stone- at least other samples of it I have seen. The slabs they had were really pink. The samples I saw looked more like the less pink of the two pictures below, but those pictures are of the same slab.

Ivory Chiffon was one of our choices for the bathrooms, but we weren't sure about it. The more I looked at it, the more it seemed to be a better choice for the kitchen. It has the deep red flecks I wanted, but it is less dominated by a color (pink) and seems like a more flexible choice. While we are painting the kitchen a deep red, with the Ivory chiffon, we could change the color entirely. With the Shrivakashi they had, we would be locked into some version of red or grey.

I forgot to take a picture of the slab for the bathrooms; it will be bianco romano, I think. It is absolutely gorgeous. I will try to find a picture of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home